It’s not just the surface of your body that needs cleansing, but your insides too. If anything, keeping your internals clean is of greater importance. And that makes periodical detoxification of your system a necessity.
So what is the frenzy around this ‘detox’ thing? The term which has found a permanent place in the millennials’ dictionary, means getting rid of toxic elements from your body, and abstaining from all substances which are considered unhealthy. Having said that, it’s still important to note that a system detoxification cannot be brought about by dietary change alone, but needs an overall lifestyle change.
Increased pollution levels and the general urban lifestyle bring with it a plethora of evils – namely stress and fatigue, skin-related issues, sleep disorder, susceptibility to infections/allergies, bloating, menstrual disorders and so on. Making minor changes to your lifestyle can go a long way in helping you achieve a fully-functional system which doesn’t fall prey to diseases easily.
An urban lifestyle calls for being the social butterfly, we understand, yet it’s also imperative to keep a check on what you consume. Limiting your alcohol and caffeine intake, and eliminating refined sugars, cigarettes and fried foods from your diet, are the minor tweaks you can incorporate in your daily life which wouldn’t leave you reeling from any major withdrawal syndrome.
Switching to natural/organic alternatives is always a good idea, in every case. So, avoid chemical-based personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes, etc.), or dietary constituents (spices, juices, oils etc.). Keep yourself well-hydrated. Make sure you have your greens, and that your diet isn’t deficient in Vitamin C.
And if you want a little easy way out, don’t forget you daily detox drinks. They have been tried, tested and trusted.
One such solution that you can switch to, is the carefully-curated Daily Detox Combo from Kapiva.
The constituents are Ayurveda-attested ingredients – Noni, Wheatgrass and Amla, the benefits of which are widely known.
The Kapiva Daily Detox Combo consists of the following:
- Noni offers a gamut of vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients to improve the body’s overall functioning
- Restores energy, relieves stress and anxiety
- Reduces inflammation, purifies the bloodstream, and stimulates the immune system
- Wheatgrass is a naturally-occurring source of minerals, is a hub of vitamins, contains 17 amino acids, and has up to 70% chlorophyll
- It enhances capillary strength and reduces blood pressure
- It cleanses the skin, purifies blood, kidneys, liver and the urinary tract
- Rich source of Vitamin C, Iron, and Calcium
- Provides protection against common cold, and builds general immunity
- Regulates blood pressure and blood sugar levels, helping keep both within a healthy range
- Promotes glowing skin and shiny hair
A regular morning ritual in helping you do your detoxification right – 30ml shots, diluted or not, will not only help you with a body devoid of toxins, but also a mind that’s stress-free.
Image Credit – Vegan Liftz