5 Things to Know About the Latest Protocol by Ministry of AYUSH
Amidst a pandemic, the only way to safeguard yourself is by following the right precautionary measures and boosting your immunity. You might get overwhelmed with plenty of information regarding ‘Tips to Boost Immunity’ from various sources. Hence, we bring to you some authentic information which you can completely rely on. Recently the Ministry of AYUSH has released guidelines that can help you boost immunity with the help of Ayurveda and Yoga.
This blog articulates some regular practices, lifestyle choices, daily regimen, and general information to maintain your well-being. Along with following social distancing and maintaining personal hygiene, these age-old practices play a pivotal role in arming you in this battle against COVID-19.
As we continue the fight to flatten the curve, do consider following these time-tested measures and spread the good word with friends and family.
- Follow Preventive Measures
Ayurveda emphasizes prevention first and practicing these daily measures can aid prevention.
- Ensure intake of adequate nutrition by consuming healthy home-cooked meals.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking warm fluids boiled with herbs such as Shunthi (ginger), Dalchini (cinnamon), and Trikatu (a combination of long pepper, black pepper, and dry ginger).
- You can add some dry vegetables to your diet such as Shigru, Karela, Parwal, Mung Bean, Bathua etc.
- Indulge in exercise and meditation for at least 30 minutes every day. You can consider the daily practice of Yoga Asanas and Pranayama.
- Make sure you get enough sleep of 7-8 hours at night and avoid sleeping during the day.
- Consume Ayurvedic Herbs
The powerful properties of a single herb can have strong healing effects for various ailments. These are some that have an indispensable place in Ayurveda and can bolster your immunity.
- Giloy (Guduchi) – Giloy is a strong immunity booster, anti-toxic, antipyretic (reduces fever), anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, this classical medicine is the ultimate answer to all health anomalies. Its healing properties boost your immunity and help fight against infections.
- Amla (Indian gooseberry) – Filled with the power of Vitamin C, Amla is a powerhouse of immunity. Its antibacterial and astringent properties help prevent the oxidative damage caused due to free radicals.
- Turmeric – Being amongst the richest food sources, Turmeric has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, wound-healing effects and is a solid immunity-booster.
- Tulsi – Also known as Holy Basil, Tulsi is considered to be one of the best herbs available for medicinal purposes. Its strong disinfectant and germicidal factors make it a great herb for boosting your immunity.
- Ashwagandha – This herb acts as an adaptogen because it can help the body cope and manage stress. It is believed to strengthen immune function by enhancing cell-mediated immunity.
The goodness of all these herbs can come a long way in your battle against COVID-19. To further make its consumption simpler, Kapiva brings to you each of them in two new combos – Kapiva Ayush Rasayana Combo and Kapiva Ayush Arogya Combo.
- Incorporate a Regular Regimen
Ayurveda’s ways of healthcare thrive on Dinacharya (daily regime). Implementing a structure and following healthy habits in a day can give you a sense of control and ensure well being in testing times.
Early Morning Regimen
- Wake up between 4:30 – 5:00 in the morning or 45 minutes before sunrise and drink 1-3 glasses of warm water.
- Gargle with warm water mixed with a pinch of turmeric, salt, Triphala and Yashtimadhu.
- In order to maintain nasal health, add 2 drops of sesame/coconut oil to each nostril.
- Every morning practice Yoga asana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes
- Take a warm water bath.
- Avoid sleeping during the day time
- Indulge in recreational activities like painting, reading, gardening, work from home etc.
- Follow Meditation and Pranayama for 30 minutes
- Eat only fresh and warm meals when hungry, in the appropriate amount according to your digestive power
- Have dinner 3 hours after sunset or by 8 pm.
- Practice Yoga Asanas and Pranayama
A list of Yoga Asanas and Pranayama (breathing exercises) that can be followed for 15 to 20 minutes regularly to improve body flexibility and alleviate stress.
- Begin with Sukshma Vyayama (warm-up) in order to loosen your muscles and joints.
- Incorporate sitting postures like Padmasana (lotus position), Sukhasana (easy pose), Vajrasana (thunderbolt pose), Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend) in your practice.
- In a supine position, you can do Pawanmuktasana (wind-relieving pose), Halasana (plough pose) and Matsyasana (fish pose).
- In a prone position, follow Bhujangasana (cobra pose) and Shalabhasana (locust pose)
- To relieve stress, you can touch some relaxing postures such as Shavasana (corpse pose) and Makarasana (crocodile pose).
- Follow deep breathing techniques such as Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (Alternate nostril breathing) and Bhramari Pranayama (humming bee breath) for 10 repetitions each.
- Indulge in Dhyana (Meditation) for 10 minutes
- Stick to a Healthful Diet
Everything that enters your being should be healthy. Through the day build habits of eating herbs and supplements that act as immunity boosters.
- Chewing a piece of ginger with a pinch of rock salt (Lavanadrak) 15 to 20 minutes before food improves appetite.
- Consume easily digestive preparations like Tarpanalaja saktu (powder of roasted grains) mixed with honey, sugar and fruit juices, vegetable soup, khichadi made of rice and mung dal (green gram), and phulkas with cow ghee.
- Lauki (bottle gourd), turai (ridge gourd), bhindi (ladyfinger/okra), and sitaphal (custard apple) are some healthy vegetables and fruits that can be consumed daily.
- Add ingredients such as jeera, black pepper, garlic, coriander, ginger, ajwain while cooking.
Today, COVID-19 is the greatest challenge humanity has faced post the second world war. No longer does it only stand to be a health crisis but has devastating effects on the economy and social life. To create a better world, it is highly essential for us to be responsible and follow the said protocols.
Considering all the Ayush guidelines, Kapiva has launched two new immunity-boosting combos – Kapiva Ayush Rasayan Combo and Kapiva Ayush Arogya Combo. They contain Ayurvedic herbs such as Tulsi, Giloy, Ashwagandha, Turmeric and Amla that are made available in palatable forms such as gummies, juices, and capsules. While you follow the given methods, do consider adopting these nutritious combinations to your diet today.